We all know what it s like to be triggered, or hooked to have said something we wish we hadn t, or reacted in a way that wasn t helpful. What if there was a way to interrupt our knee-jerk responses and make a different choice? These are the Tibetan teachings of shenpa, as taught by bestselling author and American Buddhist nun Pema Ch dr n. With the Getting Unstuck app, join this beloved teacher as she shares the liberating wisdom of an approach to getting unhooked, along with tools for putting it to work in your own life. This three-session learning experience includes practice tips, reflection questions, and guided meditations for learning how to recognize the moment-by-moment choice points in our lives.
Learn More About:
- Critical mind how to recognize this fundamental shenpa, and approach yourself and others with a sense of humor and loving-kindness
- How to unravel patterns of self-denigration and develop maitri (lovingkindness) toward yourself
- How to cultivate acceptance of your irritability and insecurities
- Recognition, Refrain, Relaxing, and Resolve: the four R's of working with shenpa, and more
While the road to personal transformation isn t always easy, Pema Ch dr n s warm, engaging guidance will open your awareness to where you might be stuck and give you the freedom to choose something different.
The Getting Unstuck app features:
- Three teaching sessions with Pema Ch dr n (2 hours of audio)
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
- A bonus video and a short interview with Pema Ch dr n
About the Author
Pema Ch dr n is a revered teacher of meditation and how meditative practices apply to everyday life. She is an American bhikshuni a Buddhist nun in the Tibetan Vajrayana tradition and since her ordination in 1974, she has conducted workshops, seminars, and meditation retreats in Europe, Australia, and throughout North America. She is the director of Gampo Abbey, the first Tibetan Buddhist monastery in North America, and an acharya (master teacher) in the lineage of Ch gyam Trungpa, Rinpoche. Pema Ch dr n is also the author of several books: The Wisdom of No Escape, Start Where You Are, When Things Fall Apart, The Places that Scare You, No Time To Lose, and Practicing Peace in Times of War.
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Getting Unstuck - Pema Chodron is a free trial software application from the Food & Drink subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-04-12. The program can be installed on iOS.
Getting Unstuck - Pema Chodron (version 101.100.7) has a file size of 39.43 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.